When I was growing up, one of my favorite summer time activities was when my mom would haul my siblings and I to the water park in Grand Forks. It was a blast! I believe there were only four slides – 2 little slides and 2 HUGE slides. I’m sure the HUGE slides were regular sized but when I was younger and walking up the 50 flights of stairs – ok, it wasn’t 50 flights but my quads remember the feeling – and waiting in line to go down. You could see the entire city of Grand Forks at the top of the tower before jumping down the slide. The Goodwill Store on S Washington is the location of that park. Even though that water park no longer exists, there are still several fun water spots in town.
There are several outdoor swimming pools and spray parks through the town. Hope you can enjoy the warm summer days at one of these great parks.
Swimming Pools & Slides
- Elks Park Swimming Pool – 1002 13th Ave S, Grand Forks
OPENS June 1, 2019 through August 18, 2019 (weather permitting)
- Riverside Pool – 1810 N 1st St, Grand Forks
OPENS TBD due to flooding through August 25, 2019 (weather permitting)
- Sherlock Pool – 919 5th Ave NW, East Grand Forks
OPENS June 20, 2019
- Elks Spray Park – 1002 13th Ave S, Grand Forks
OPEN through September (weather permitting)
- Choice Spray Park – 4401 S 11th St, Grand Forks
OPEN for the Season!
- University Spray Park – 320 N 25th St, Grand Forks
Open through September 25, 2019