It’s summer in the Grand Cities and it’s never too late to start a workout a routine. The Grand Cities offers something for everyone. Depending on your preference you are sure to find a “spot” that fits your wants and needs.
Top Local Workout Spots in the Grand Cities
- Altru Sports Advantage powered by Exos | If you are looking for a great workout for all levels of fitness, this is the place to go. Altru Sports Advantage offers training programs from youth to professional athletes to the fitness minded adults. There’s also a registered dietician on location. Speaking from experience the adult training programs are fabulous and the coach will modify any movement to fit the athletes needs or abilities. The best part is that classes are offered throughout the day that can fit most anyone’s schedule. This program has recently moved and is located in the old Scheels store at 1375 S Columbia Rd, Grand Forks. They even offer training classes in East Grand Forks! Make sure to stop by the Columbia Rd location and say hi to Anthony, Danielle and Paul. They will get you started and answer any of your questions.
- Choice Health & Fitness | If you are looking for a gym that has workout classes, tennis courts, swimming pool, basketball courts and more, this is the place. Choice Health & Fitness is a newer facility on the southend of Grand Forks that offers something for everyone. It is also home Truyu. One of my favorite amenities about Choice is offering childcare and a snack bar for those busy days.
- Grand Forks YMCA | This has been a staple on our community from the early years of Grand Forks as a community. The YMCA hosts a variety of activities at their current facility and throughout the community and region. In the summer on Saturdays, the Grand Forks YMCA hosts Yoga on the Greenway – a great way to get outside and workout.
- Haute Yogis | If you are looking for a great yoga studio at an affordable price, check out this place. They have individual class options to an unlimited annual membership level. This has been a place I have always wanted to try.
- Orangetheory Fitness | This is a class based workout that uses coaching, technology and science to get you an effective workout. While working out a heart rate monitor is worn to track your heart rate. Orangetheory also has a tracker that monitors your calories burned and distance ran during the workout. If you want to give it a try, call the studio and schedule your first class.
- Greenway | Looking for outdoor trails for a good bike ride, run or walk? Make sure to head towards the river and hop on the one of the Greenway trails. You have over 20 miles of trails along the Red River. A great option that does not require a membership.
Enjoy the great weather and workouts this summer!